Thursday 9 October 2014

Insanely busy

So today consisted of a trip to soft play to run off some  energy (and I didn't fancy a rainy trip to the park AGAIN), followed by nap time.  O and I watched the final instalment of Our Zoo (we are members to Chester Zoo so enjoyed watching it's history), and made soup and hummus.  When E woke up the chicklets ate lunch, and then the great learning catch up began.  We have been hopeless this week.  I had planned loads to do, and the children have learnt so much, but none of it was off the learning plan.  And so I felt behind.  That is the joy of home education.  But the teacher in me still rebels against such spontaneity.

So today O has done some subtraction practice, number bonds to 10, a thank you letter based on Handa's surprise, labelled a map of the world with a selection of flag stickers, and drawn, coloured and label the flags for Egypt, Uganda and Botswana (because they were the 3 African countries visited by Top Gear, and most of O's interest in Geography is based around the Top Gear Specials).

Then we sat for literally 6 and half minutes, before we had to rush out to singing class.  Husband has parent's evening tonight so E had to come too, and we had a rare mother/daughter trip to the park.
The children insisted on soup for tea instead of the curry in the slow cooker, so I am umming and ahing about putting the curry in the fridge for tomorrow, and getting a takeaway when Husband comes in.

Basically I am run ragged, and tomorrow we have 2 museum workshops in Liverpool, which will exhaust us all again.  I do love being at home with my babies.  My best bit of today was waking E up from her nap, curling up next to her, and having her throw her arm and around me and sleepily snuggle in.  There is no amount of money in the world could entice me back to work and away from my children.  I just hope that circumstances allow us to continue on this path for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment