Sunday 19 October 2014

A very allotmenty Sunday

My husband has been rather absent lately.  Work stuff and a course etc..  means that I have been on sole parenting duty for weeks.  So today I went on Mummy strike and left the children with husband.  A lovely wander around the garden centre for some  new gardening gloves and some garlic and onions.  I then (after a cheeky McD's) went to the allotment.  The strawberries have gone mad, so I pulled out the courgettes, pulled out a few runners, and had to compost the rest.  I dug over that bed, then dug over the next bed where the carrots and peas were,  I then picked the remainder of of the runner beans, and pulled all the bean plants out, sorted the canes, and then dug over the bean bed.  Finally I dug over the salad bed, then planted the garlic and onion in that bed.  

Upon returning home, I planted as many of the strawberries as I had pots, podded the dried out beans, and sorted the rest for drying, and made a roast dinner.  I am exhausted.  Tomorrows jobs include pickling the beetroot.  I need a nice cold beer and an early night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment