Tuesday 30 September 2014

Lapbooking bug

We have the lapbooking bug in our house!!!  Oh me oh my!  The excitement, the drama, the glue!!!

So far we have only made one about dinosaurs.  It is not terribly in-depth, because O is only just 5, but I was really impressed with the learning he did.  He researched, he asked questions, and he did some excellent writing.

The next unit we are working on is an "Africa" project, and it has lots of science (mining, habitats, food chains), art (masks, beads, patterns) history (Livingstone Burton and Speke) and Geography (lakes, rivers, mountains, continents, populations, habitats, transportation, etc).  Plus more that I can't remember off the top of my head.  How all of this will come together into a lapbook, I am not sure, but I am sure it will look fabulous.  I did spend a small fortune on books on Amazon the other day, which are due to arrive at some point today.

Anyway, a glimpse of our lapbooking of today...





No comments:

Post a Comment