Tuesday 2 September 2014

Spaghetti Squash

We have a new baby.  One that has been nurtured through wind and rain, good times and bad.  And that baby's name is Spaghetti Squash.  We brought it home from the allotment the other day full of pride and  awe, and it has pride of place in the kitchen.  Unfortunately I cannot bring myself to cook and eat it!!!!  I'm not sure I am cut out for this grow-your-own malarkey.  I just get too attached my precious veggies.  Apart from beans that is.  We have eaten a lot of beans recently as I seem to have planted far more than we can eat.  If they continue this way, there is going to be far more than I can freeze.  I shall have to start giving them away to unsuspecting strangers I meet on the street.

So basically, as is good in our green little world.  Apart from the blossom end rot on 2 of the tomatoes, but that is a saga for another day!!!

1 comment:

  1. I was given a patty pan squash that took me ages to use as it just looked so pretty so understand especially as you have grown your own :)

    ReplyDelete