Sunday 14 September 2014

The weeds are taking over

It is a disaster at our plot at the moment.  The last 4 weeks have been as follows - raining followed by nasty cold, 1 week camping, first week back at school for Paul and tummy bug no 1, second week back at school and tummy bug no. 2.  So basically we have been to the plot to harvest twice in that time, and no weeding at all.  I  went tonight to give the poor ground a long over due drink of water, and to harvest, and to weeding, except I ran out of time for that.  And I didn't harvest the runner beans because I ran out of bags.

I have just weighed the bag of green beans I picked though - 6lb!!!!  What on earth will I do with that number of beans.  There is actually no space in the freezer.  I may pickle them.  Can you pickle green beans?  If not, I may have to invent pickled green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment