Sunday 20 April 2014

House move and allotment check

Having just returned from the allotment, cold and sore-throaty, I can say, with much certainty, that I need to spend more time at the allotment.  It is very weedy and looking a bit tatty.  I am going to get on to Hubby about getting the strimmer fixed because quite a lot of the grass in between the beds is now knee high.

I was only there a short time, as a quite bit of eco-therapy after the house move and the in-laws visiting!!! I planted a couple of feet of peas, and finished planting the broad bean seeds.  The potatoes in the bags are going great-guns, but the potatoes in the bed are still hiding.  They have only been in 2 weeks though, so I'm sure they will peek through when they are ready.  It was a bit easier to see the difference between the beetroot and chard seedlings and the weeds today, so did a little bit of weeding.  The end of result of this discovery was that I need to plant more chard and beetroot seeds because they are a bit sparse.  The pumpkin patch needs a good dig over as well.

Tonights emergency purchase is going to be a hosepipe though.  I did many trips to the tap this evening and still barely touched the sides of what needed doing.

The final allotment job of the day was taking a few of the boxes from the house move down to Lottie, to put on the pumpkin patch to (theoretically) suppress the weeds.

We are loving our new house, and am looking forward to getting the tomatoes planted out, growing nicely in tubs in the sunshine.  I am sat inside under a blankie, drinking Pimms and feeling sorry for my self, whilst writing my to-do list for tomorrow.  It is looking dauntingly long!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment