Saturday 1 March 2014

Tidy up and planting

Today I had an indulgent solo trip to the allotment.  No children, no husband, no rush.  It was delightful and completely productive.  I dug over the parts of the beds that were getting planted in today, and planted out garlic, carrots, broad beans (after making a complicated support structure), lettuce,  radish, chard and beetroot.  Can you tell I was eager?  The first of March and I planted everything that could possibly be planted in March!!!!

I also had time for a good tidy of the allotment plot.  The children's toys were washed and moved into a better position and I worked out a way or stringing up garden canes off the ground.  All rubbish was collected and all random tools were put back where they belong.  It will last about 5 minutes into the next trip there but it looks so lovely for the moment.

I came back exhausted but happy.  Husband made me a hot chocolate as I soaked in a bubble bath.  Unfortunately, looking at the weather forecast, it is looking unlikely that we will get there again all week!!!  Nevermind.  Fingers crossed it doesn't rain too much. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment