Saturday 8 March 2014

Greenhouse and fruit trees

The sun is shining, it is a beautiful day...after a slightly cold and miserable start anyway.  Started the days allotment jobs pre 8 am, with a trip to B+Q for tree stakes, followed by Aldi where I bought 3 of their fruit trees - 1 each of apple, pear and cherry.  I then dug some massive holes to plant them in.  Husband constructed the greenhouse with both children "helping" and me finding the instructions quite confusing.  A return trip home for lunch, nap time and planning for Junior Church tomorrow, and then straight back to the allotment.  

I then spent a happy couple of hours organising plant pots, pricking out tomatoes seedlings, planting out borage and nasturtiums and planted out my early potatoes.  I attempted to plant them in sacks rather than the ground after last years disaster!!!!  I also planted some more herb seeds, spinach and broccoli seeds.  I had a lovely time, but am now eagerly anticipating a long hot bubble bath and a hot chocolate!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment