Thursday 20 March 2014

Alas, poor greenhouse!!!!

This is what remains of my lovely well tethered green house.  Clearly not well tethered enough.  All that remains is half the frame.  I don't even know where the other half if, and the cover has disappeared into the abyss as well.  Sigh.  I have lost nearly all the seedlings as well.

The result of this catastrophe is that we are now discussing the purchasing of a polytunnel.  We just don't have space (and too many little fingers) to grow much at home so need somewhere to grow things inside at the allotment.  It won't happen until next year, but I suspect it does need to  happen!!!

On a brighter note
blossom on the new apple tree and


seedlings - we have broad beans, lettuce, radish, beetroot and chard.  So that made me smile.  

I also spent last night digging over the potato patch, but it needs another go over to make it less lumpy.  
A generally happy trip to the allotment anyway, apart from the Greenhouse situation!!!  A trip to the garden centre for trays and compost to replant everything I have planted me-thinks...

No comments:

Post a Comment