Thursday 27 February 2014

Garlic

I had a lovely hour to myself at our allotment yesterday.  The strawberry and the gooseberry plants arrived in the post and had to be planted out.  I went with the children, who had a lovely time playing for half an hour, and then Husband came and picked them up and took them home for tea.  O was delighted that I let him pick some kale which Husband cooked for him too.  I planted out the plants and generally just had a lovely time.  There are lots of worms in the new beds already so that is a good sign.  I ordered some borage and hyssop seeds which arrived yesterday as well,  so I am going to have a good plant at naptime.

I have just had a look on the internet at planting our garlic.  I planted out some overwintering garlic and onions in the bed I have in the shared garden, but some CRETIN keeps letting his (illegal, against the no pet rules) dog scratch and stomp all over them, and so I fear they are ruined.  Since I have spent the national  debt of some minor countries on the allotment recently, I am going to buy a few more bulbs of garlic from Aldi and hope for the best.  I know some of them are sprayed to not sprout, but that never seems to stop the ones that have started growing in the back of the fridge, so I shall take the risk.  Depending on how the weather goes that could be a good "the-car-is-at-the-garage-what-ever-shall-we-do" job and outing for this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment