Friday 13 March 2015

Allotment chickens

My Mum and Dad live in a beautiful house in Anglesey, and keep a veggie garden and chickens.  They did have bees as well until my Dad had an unexpected allergic reaction.  But every now and then I get a box of eggs from them, and I like to reserve these eggs for something that show cases the eggs, rather than stuff them in a cake!!!

So today I made the children a "frittata".  I just parboiled some potatoes, fried an onion in some olive oil, popped a handful of chopped ham  into the pan and cooked for a while.  Added the potatoes to the frying pan, and poured over 3 whisked eggs (well salted and peppered),  I cooked it on the hob for 3 minutes or so, added a handful of cheddar cheese, and then shoved it under the grill for 10 minutes.  Perhaps not the most authentic recipe in existence, but jolly tasty non the less.

O said "this is the nicest dinner I have ever had ever in my whole life".

The only consequence of which is that we NEEEEEEED chickens at the allotment!  Now all I have to do is convince husband that this is a good idea!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment